Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



I'm a poor blogger.. Maybe you can donate some cent to me...

Add url

A Disk Error Occured

Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Technorati Google

Hello all readers..
Hope you are in good condition..
I've a problem while booting my PC.. The message is:-
" A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"


I don't know how to do,, But this is what I've found on the net.

1 - Try a different IDE cable.


2 - Corrupt MBR (master boot record)!! Need to reformat and do Fdisk /mbr to delete the master boot record!! Save all data first as this will not allow you to access any of your data as all file location addresses are located in the MBR!!

3 - A bad sector get a zerofill tool(low level formatting tool)!! This will rewrite you HD's sectors putting them back to factory spec's!! Maxtors is called Maxblast you can get it from thier site!!

4 - or it could be a defective drive, but most read errors are due ot corrupt MBR or a bad sector!!


DO you have any other's idea??? Let's share

Comments

0 Responses to "A Disk Error Occured"

Sponsor

Search Engine Optimization - AddMe
This blog is about my interest.. You can learn how to Origami, help your health and many tools in the net.
Links 24/7





Labels